Hello friends, today I have got a good news for Galaxy Star Duos GT-S5282 users, Now they can update their phone with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. So let me tell you that this firmware will fix the bugs related to camera and WiFi. Please note that this firmware will not void your phone’s warranty because it is a manual update. Now let’s Update Galaxy Star DUOS GT-S5282 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
Disclaimer– This is to inform all the readers that the tutorials written on AndroidCular is written by our highly expert writers, our writers clutch these tutorials from other Android Development forms just like CM, XDA and many more. These all the tutorials have been already tested by the experts. So, these are very less chance that your device gets bricked. If you follow our given Pre-Request very carefully then you will not face even a single problem. Please note that updating or rooting your device voids the warranty of your phone. So, kindly upgrade your phone on your own risk.
Pre-Requesites to Update Galaxy Star DUOS GT-S5282 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Before you get started with upgrading your Galaxy Star DUOS GT-S5282, Kindly check that you are using the correct phone model for desired firmware. You caneasily check your phone model by going. Menu>>Settings>>About Device.
- You must take a backup of your old ROM by using ROM Manager App. In case you didn’t like the new ROM then you can easily take the backup of old one. It is not a necessary step but you should do it as a safety measure.
- Take a backup of your contacts and messages. For contacts backup you can follow my given steps. Contacts>>Import/Export>>Export to SD card. Then all your contacts will be saved in your SD card as a Backup file.
- This upgrading will take some time to get installed in your phone and the installation time takes more battery, so I will recommend you to charge your phone battery to 80-90%. If your phone turns switch off in between the upgrading process then you will not be able to turn it on. So, it will be better to charge it.
- Uninstall all the anti-theft apps from your phone and your PC.
- Uninstall the kies from your PC (If you have installed it)
- Most important thing you have to do is to Enable the USB debugging, Follow the steps-Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging
- Now your Device is ready for the upgradation.
Steps to Update Galaxy Star DUOS GT-S5282 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Firstly you have to download Latest Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware for Galaxy Star DUOS GT-S5282 and Odin in your PC/Laptop.
- Now extract both the downloaded files in your PC/Laptop.
- Just open Odin file in your computer.
- Now turn off your Smart Device. So, you can enter in recovery mode. If you don’t know how to enter in recovery mode just follow- Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- Connect your phone to your PC/Laptop with the help of Data transfer cable provided by Samsung.
- Now just wait for 5-6 minutes. After 5-6 minutes the Odin will indicate that the drivers has been successfully installed in your phone.
- Now Click on the file selecting option and select the main firmware file. Just wait for 4-5 minutes and after the time you will be able to see that your phone is rebooted.
- Just check that the firmware is installed or not by going in phone’s about setting.
Congratulations! You have successfully Updated Galaxy Star DUOS GT-S5282 with Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
If you got any problem during this process then let us know your problem through the comments. We will try our level best to rectify the problem of your device.
We will be very happy if your share your experience of upgrading your device