Galaxy Grand I9082 is the biggest successful selling phone from samsung, Most of the people are buying this phone because of its great features, Let us talk about its feature first- the phone is having a great 5 inch captive touch screen, 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera and many more great features but the phone is having 2 disadvantages also, The battery backup problem and the heating problem. Those people who were worrying about it, please calm down because we have got the very cool firmware for your phone which will rock your phone and I am sure you will thank me 😛
Now let’s get back to the Update GALAXY GRAND I9082 with XXAMF2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
Disclaimer– This is to inform all the readers that the tutorials written on AndroidCular is written by our highly expert writers, our writers clutch these tutorials from other Android Development forms just like CM, XDA and many more. These all the tutorials have been already tested by the experts. So, these are very less chance that your device gets bricked. If you follow our given Pre-Request very carefully then you will not face even a single problem. Please note that updating or rooting your device voids the warranty of your phone. So, kindly upgrade your phone on your own risk.
Pre-Requesites to Update GALAXY GRAND I9082 with XXAMF2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Before you get started with upgrading your Samsung Galaxy GRAND I9082, Kindly check that you are using the correct phone model for desired firmware. You caneasily check your phone model by going. Menu>>Settings>>About Device.
- You must take a backup of your old ROM by using ROM Manager App. In case you didn’t like the new ROM then you can easily take the backup of old one. It is not a necessary step but you should do it as a safety measure.
- Take a backup of your contacts and messages. For contacts backup you can follow my given steps. Contacts>>Import/Export>>Export to SD card. Then all your contacts will be saved in your SD card as a Backup file.
- This upgrading will take some time to get installed in your phone and the installation time takes more battery, so I will recommend you to charge your phone battery to 80-90%. If your phone turns switch off in between the upgrading process then you will not be able to turn it on. So, it will be better to charge it.
- Uninstall all the anti-theft apps from your phone and your PC.
- Uninstall the kies from your PC (If you have installed it)
- Most important thing you have to do is to Enable the USB debugging, Follow the steps-Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging
- Now your Device is ready for the upgradation.
Steps to Update GALAXY GRAND I9082 with XXAMF2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- You will have to download the essentials from here XXAMF2 for Galaxy GRAND I9082 Package and Odin to your PC.
- Extract the downloaded files in your PC’s desktop.
- Now turn off your Smart Device. So, you can enter in recovery mode. If you don’t know how to enter in recovery mode just follow- Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- Open Odin in your PC.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to your PC with the help of company provided data Usb cable.
- Now wait until Odin completes installing software’s in your Phone.
- After 5-6 minutes Odin button will change its color.
- Now click on “file selecting tool” from the extracted folder select the “tar” file, Click on start. The process will take some time.
- Now after the process is successfully done, Just reboot your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully Updated Samsung GALAXY GRAND I9082 with XXAMF2 Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
If you got any problem during this process then let us know your problem through the comments. We will try our level best to rectify the problem of your device.
We will be very happy if your share your experience of upgrading your device