Xolo Q800 is one of the masterpiece from the company which packs 1.2 GHz quad core processor, Android 4.1 Jelly bean, 1 GB RAM and enough internal storage of 4GB. Considering the fact that there are numerous budget segmented android smartphones available in the market, the Xolo Q800 really stands out with its stunning looks.
If you happen to be the owner of Xolo Q800 who is interested in a guide that will help you to root it and unleash the potentials, then you’ve arrived at the right place. Today, we are gonna take a look at this simple guide to root Xolo Q800 and install custom recovery on it.
This method and steps are well researched and tested. However, readers using this manual bears their own risk. If you are still convinced, carry on reading this step by step guide to root your Xolo handset.
Pre-Requisites for How to Root Xolo Q800:
- You should charge Xolo Q800 to at least 75% or more.
- You understand that rooting your Xolo Q800 would remove the warranty cover which you may not be able to get back.
- I would advise you to take the backup of all important files such as documents, contacts, SMSs before starting to root Xolo Q800.
- You should enable USB debugging. Please go into the settings > manage applications > Development > USB debugging.
Steps to root Xolo Q800 (and install CWM recovery)
- I’ve listed few files which are essential for rooting Xolo Q800 and installing custom recovery. Please download them.
- You also need to install the Xolo Q800 Drivers which are available for download in above section.
- Now, extract the SP flash tool contents and CWM recovery file on the desktop.
- Double click on Flash Too.exe to open.
- Find the option of Scatter loading and click on it.
- You now need to choose one file called “MT6589_Android_Scatter_emmc” from the extracted content of the CWM recovery.
- You’ll see number of checkboxes enabled. So, select recovery from those checkboxes and select the recovery.img file from the extracted content.
- Now, in SP flash tool, go to the window option which is probably present in menu bar above and check “Write memory”.
- In the window, please choose “EMMC” and open “RAW DATA”.
- You now need to load recovery.img file again.
- Finally, click on the write memory button and it will start searching for a device.
- That’s when you need to connect your Xolo Q800 to the computer using USB cable.
- As soon as the process of searching is over, you’ll see a “Big Green Ring”. Press OK and you’re almost close to the end.
- Now, copy the SuperSU file to the phone and disconnect it from the PC.
- Boot your Xolo Q800 into the CWM recovery by pressing and holding Volume up and power key together.
- Choose an option called “Install zip from SD card”.
- Navigate to the folder where you’ve placed the file SuperSU and select it.
- This will begin the process of rooting your Xolo Q800.
If you’ve successfully followed this method and rooted your Xolo Q800 then congrats. Well done my friend. If the rooting has failed, you can always start over again. Just make sure that you’re installing drivers properly.