Good news for the owners of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. The long awaited guide to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is now here to help you to root this device. Although this method is little bit restricted. It can only be followed if you’re running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. So, before you start rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, I would recommend you to double check the android version that has been installed on your device.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini features 4 inch display with 480×800 pixels resolution and approximately 233 ppi. The device runs on 1 GHz dual core cortex A9 processor, mali 400 GPU and Android 4.1.2 jelly bean.
Let’s wind up the specification section and see how to root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini easily.
This method and steps are well researched and tested. However, readers using this manual bear their own risk. If you are still convinced, carry on reading this step by step guide to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
- It is necessary to charge your Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini to 75% or more before you start rooting your android smartphone.
- I would also recommend you to take the backup of all essential files and files from the SD card. You can use various backup apps from the Google Play store.
- Rooting removes warranty. It may not be possible to retain the warranty once it has been lost.
- Please enable USB debugging by going into the setting > developer options > USB debugging.
- We shouldn’t be held responsible for any damage if you fail to follow the guide properly.
Tools to Download:
Now, there are two versions of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. So, please download the root package according to your version.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini:
- Let me first make one thing clear. The guide is exactly the same for two versions of Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini. So, whatever the version of Galaxy S3 Mini you’ve, just follow it without worrying about it a lot.
- Now, take your device in your hands and turn it off to boot it into download mode. You can boot into download mode by pressing and holding volume down, home and power key.
- You’ll see a warning sign with a triangle. You now need to press volume up to continue ahead.
- As soon as the device boots into download mode, connect it to the computer using USB cable.
- Now, double click and start the Odin flash tool on your desktop.
- Roll your eyes on the ID: COM section. It will turn blue with the COM port number once the device has been connected successfully.
- Now, click on the PDA button from Odin flash tool window and navigate to the location where you’ve placed respective root package.
- Please ensure that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected and the other option of “Re-partition” is not selected.
- Click on the start button to begin the process of rooting Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
- Once the process has been completed, you’ll see a pass message on Odin flash tool screen.
That’s it. Now you can disconnect your android phone from the computer. If you’ve faced any difficulties while following this guide to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, please feel free to put them in comments section below.