Today we will teach you How to Root LG Optimus G Pro F240, I know that the users of LG Optimus G Pro F240 users were waiting for the tutorial to root their phone. This rooting your phone will give you the extra feature of installing any type of ROM or Firmware in your phone. So, let’s get back to the Rooting process. Just read the Pre-requests and Steps carefully but just be careful that you are doing this Rooting process on your LG Optimus G Pro F240 only.
Disclaimer– This is to inform all the readers that the tutorials written on AndroidCular is written by our highly expert writers, our writers clutch these tutorials from other Android Development forms just like CM, XDA and many more. These all the tutorials have been already tested by the experts. So, these are very less chance that your device gets bricked. If you follow our given Pre-Request very carefully then you will not face even a single problem. Please note that updating or rooting your device voids the warranty of your phone. So, kindly upgrade your phone on your own risk.
Pre-Requesites to Root LG Optimus G Pro F240:
- Before you get started with upgrading your LG Optimus G Pro F240, Kindly check that you are using the correct phone model for desired firmware. You caneasily check your phone model by going. Menu>>Settings>>About Device.
- You must take a backup of your old ROM by using ROM Manager App. In case you didn’t like the new ROM then you can easily take the backup of old one. It is not a necessary step but you should do it as a safety measure.
- Take a backup of your contacts and messages. For contacts backup you can follow my given steps. Contacts>>Import/Export>>Export to SD card. Then all your contacts will be saved in your SD card as a Backup file.
- This upgrading will take some time to get installed in your phone and the installation time takes more battery, so I will recommend you to charge your phone battery to 80-90%. If your phone turns switch off in between the upgrading process then you will not be able to turn it on. So, it will be better to charge it.
- Uninstall all the anti-theft apps from your phone and your PC.
- Uninstall the kies from your PC (If you have installed it)
- Most important thing you have to do is to Enable the USB debugging, Follow the steps-Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging
- Now your Device is ready for the upgradation.
Steps to Root LG Optimus G Pro F240:
- Firstly download the Rooting Package in your PC/Laptop.
- Once the file is downloaded, just extract the Rooting package in your PC.
- Connect your LG optimus G Pro F240 with your PC through the help of Data cable.
- Install the phone drivers in your computer.
- Now after installing the phone drivers just open that extracted folder and then find the file “root.bat” and then open it.
- Follow the clear instructions given on the screen, after sometime you will get notified that your phone is rooted. Rooting process can take 5-10 minutes.
- If your device is successfully rooted, just disconnect your phone and reboot it.
- Now install the app “Root Checker” from the Google play store and install it in your phone.
- Use root checker app to check weather your phone is rooted or not.