I am writing this article for Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 users, Let me inform you that now you can easily root your phone by the steps given below. Please note that this rooting will violate the warranty rules and the warranty of your phone will be lost. Rotting your phone will give you the access to the apps which work only on rooted phones, After rooting your phone you can install the other new firmwares or custom rom’s also. Now let’s root the device.
Disclaimer– This is to inform all the readers that the tutorials written on AndroidCular is written by our highly expert writers, our writers clutch these tutorials from other Android Development forms just like CM, XDA and many more. These all the tutorials have been already tested by the experts. So, these are very less chance that your device gets bricked. If you follow our given Pre-Request very carefully then you will not face even a single problem. Please note that updating or rooting your device voids the warranty of your phone. So, kindly upgrade your phone on your own risk.
Pre-Requesites to Root Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 on Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Before you get started with upgrading your Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110, Kindly check that you are using the correct phone model for desired firmware. You caneasily check your phone model by going. Menu>>Settings>>About Device.
- You must take a backup of your old ROM by using ROM Manager App. In case you didn’t like the new ROM then you can easily take the backup of old one. It is not a necessary step but you should do it as a safety measure.
- Take a backup of your contacts and messages. For contacts backup you can follow my given steps. Contacts>>Import/Export>>Export to SD card. Then all your contacts will be saved in your SD card as a Backup file.
- This upgrading will take some time to get installed in your phone and the installation time takes more battery, so I will recommend you to charge your phone battery to 80-90%. If your phone turns switch off in between the upgrading process then you will not be able to turn it on. So, it will be better to charge it.
- Uninstall all the anti-theft apps from your phone and your PC.
- Uninstall the kies from your PC (If you have installed it)
- Most important thing you have to do is to Enable the USB debugging, Follow the steps-Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging
- Now your Device is ready for the upgradation.
Steps to Root Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 on Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Firstly download Rooting Package for Galaxy Note 8.0 and Odin from the links to your PC. After the downloading is completed, Just extract both the files on your PC.
- Now open the odin main file.
- Now turn off your Smart Device. So, you can enter in recovery mode. If you don’t know how to enter in recovery mode just follow- Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- Connect your phone to your PC using the company provided DATA cable.
- Now in the Odin file, COM section will change its color.
- Wait for some time and then it will inform your that all the drivers are installed.
- Now just remove your phone form your PC. Install “ROOT CHECKER” app from play store in your phone and check if your phone is rooted or not. If it is not rooted, Please repeat all the steps again.
Congratulations! You have successfully Rooted Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5110 on Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware
If you got any problem during this process then let us know your problem through the comments. We will try our level best to rectify the problem of your device.
We will be very happy if your share your experience of upgrading your device