Hello Friends, As you all know that Note 2 N7100 is released some days back, This is new phone and now it got a very latest update(Android 4.2.2 jelly bean) This is very nice and good looking phone launched by Samsung company. Now let us discuss some words about the ROM, Bu updating your phone to Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean you can easily get more security. Actually security doesn’t matter that much for this young generation kiddos, they want the good looking features in their phone but you do not have to worry. This ROM is having cool and updated features in it. Our team has checked the ROM, it is working flawlessly in our phone. Just follow the given steps and you will also be able to updated your phone successfully.
Disclaimer– This is to inform all the readers that the tutorials written on AndroidCular is written by our highly expert writers, our writers clutch these tutorials from other Android Development forms just like CM, XDA and many more. These all the tutorials have been already tested by the experts. So, these are very less chance that your device gets bricked. If you follow our given Pre-Request very carefully then you will not face even a single problem. Please note that updating or rooting your device voids the warranty of your phone. So, kindly upgrade your phone on your own risk.
Pre-Requesites to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Before you get started with upgrading your Galaxy Note 2 N7100, Kindly check that you are using the correct phone model for desired firmware. You caneasily check your phone model by going. Menu>>Settings>>About Device.
- You must take a backup of your old ROM by using ROM Manager App. In case you didn’t like the new ROM then you can easily take the backup of old one. It is not a necessary step but you should do it as a safety measure.
- Take a backup of your contacts and messages. For contacts backup you can follow my given steps. Contacts>>Import/Export>>Export to SD card. Then all your contacts will be saved in your SD card as a Backup file.
- This upgrading will take some time to get installed in your phone and the installation time takes more battery, so I will recommend you to charge your phone battery to 80-90%. If your phone turns switch off in between the upgrading process then you will not be able to turn it on. So, it will be better to charge it.
- Uninstall all the anti-theft apps from your phone and your PC.
- Uninstall the kies from your PC (If you have installed it)
- Most important thing you have to do is to Enable the USB debugging, Follow the steps-Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging
- Now your Device is ready for the upgradation.
Steps to Update Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware:
- Firstly download the Android Jellybean 4.2.2 Firmware pack in your laptop/PC.
- Now connect your phone to your PC/Laptop by using company provided Data Transfer cable.
- Transfer the Firmware pack in your phone’s SD card and then disconnect your phone from your PC/Laptop.
- Now turn off your Smart Device. So, you can enter in recovery mode. If you don’t know how to enter in recovery mode just follow- Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- Now from the file selecting option select the ZIP file which you transferred from your PC to your phone’s SD card.
- The updradation of the device will take some time.
- After sometime you will be able to see an option “Reboot the system” just press on it and your decive will get rebooted.
- Now just check that your device is successfully updated or not by going in the “phone about seetings”.
Congratulations! You have successfully Updated Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean – CM 10 Firmware
If you got any problem during this process then let us know your problem through the comments. We will try our level best to rectify the problem of your device.
We will be very happy if your share your experience of upgrading your device.