Sony Xperia Z is the newly released phone from Sony, In this guide we will tell you that How to Install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602 This is a very nice phone having great features in it. Let me tell you the features of this phone first. It is having 13MP rear camera, 2MP secondary camera for video calling, 5 Inch TFT screen, Full HD recording, NFC system, Water resistance, Dust resistance, Android version 4.1 and many more awesome features but Android v4.1 is not enough for this cool phone. So, we will give you the complete guide to update Xperia Z C6602 with Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253. Now follow the Guide given below for How to Install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602, Kindly read the disclaimer and pre-requests carefully.
Disclaimer– This is to inform all the readers that the tutorials written on AndroidCular is written by our highly expert writers, our writers clutch these tutorials from other Android Development forms just like CM, XDA and many more. These all the tutorials have been already tested by the experts. So, these are very less chance that your device gets bricked. If you follow our given Pre-Request very carefully then you will not face even a single problem. Please note that updating or rooting your device voids the warranty of your phone. So, kindly upgrade your phone on your own risk.
Pre-Requesites to Install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602:
- Before you get started with upgrading your Xperia Z C6602, Kindly check that you are using the correct phone model for desired firmware. You caneasily check your phone model by going. Menu>>Settings>>About Device.
- You must take a backup of your old ROM by using ROM Manager App. In case you didn’t like the new ROM then you can easily take the backup of old one. It is not a necessary step but you should do it as a safety measure.
- Take a backup of your contacts and messages. For contacts backup you can follow my given steps. Contacts>>Import/Export>>Export to SD card. Then all your contacts will be saved in your SD card as a Backup file.
- This upgrading will take some time to get installed in your phone and the installation time takes more battery, so I will recommend you to charge your phone battery to 80-90%. If your phone turns switch off in between the upgrading process then you will not be able to turn it on. So, it will be better to charge it.
- Uninstall all the anti-theft apps from your phone and your PC.
- Uninstall the kies from your PC (If you have installed it)
- Most important thing you have to do is to Enable the USB debugging, Follow the steps-Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB debugging
- Now your Device is ready for the upgradation.
Steps to Install Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602:
- Firstly download the ROM from here.
- Secondly download the Ftf file from here.
- Kindly download both the above files in your PC/Laptop.
- Now you will have to install flashtool in your PC/Laptop, If you have installed it already then cool if you don’t have then you can grab it from here.
- Connect your device with your PC/Laptop by using USB Default cable.
- Copy the ROM and FtF file in your phone’s SD card.
- Now start the flash tool in your PC.
- Now flash the Ftf file in your PC.
- Disconnect your Device from your PC and Turn it off.
- Enter in recovery mode. If you don’t know how to enter in recovery mode just follow- Volume Down + Home + Power Key together.
- Now in the recovery mode select the ROM file which you transferred in your SD card from the PC.
- Once the installation of the ROM is done just reboot your phone.
Bravo! You have successfully Installed Android Jelly Bean 10.1.1.A.1.253 on Xperia Z C6602